Re: adding dead space to floating panels

On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 06:21, Calum Benson wrote:

> > Perhaps a better approach would be to popup a dial-up dialog whenever a
> > user tries to access remote content and no internet connection is
> > detected (oh and assuming the computer has a modem installed). i believe
> > windows works this way.
>
> Well, it does if you want it to... personally I find it highly annoying
> and have the auto-dial feature turned off.  Otherwise all manner of
> processes keep going off and trying to dial up on their own, and since
> we don't have unmetered access over here I never trust it :)

I'm not advocating auto-dialing, just poping up a nice dialog:

"You are not currently connected to the internet"
"Do you want to connect?"

[work offline] [cancel][connect]

you get the point :)

dave

ps. Isn't this getting a little off-topic now.....probably my fault...