Re: reboot/shutdown/logout options MIA on Debian?

While I -do- appreciate the advice, at least for Gnome 1.x, it qualifies
as "close, but not quite."  I -do- get prompted at logout: "Really log
out?", with a "save current settings" checkbox.  I do not get, however,
the "reboot/shutdown/logout" options.  I'm assuming it's somehow keyed to
the user logged in at the console -- after all, they can always hit
disabled), so it's not really that big of a security concern for the
console user.  But I just can't quite figure out where that is...

Sorry to be a pest,

-Ken