Gnome2 panel and fvwm 2.4.15

I have upgraded my Debian system with Gnome 2.2 version. Also I have downloaded
the Fvwm 2.4.15 source.  After compiling and installing the newer fvwm2 I logged
into Debian via GDM.  My .xsession invokes gnome-panel before 'exec fvwm2'.
This however is not happening.  Fvwm starts fine. Why am I not seeing the
Gnome panel?

When I invoke Gnome panel from command line, the panel docks only to the first
desktop.  When I switch to other desktops, the panel does not stick along.

How do I add Fvwm as the manager in Gnome configuraion? Later I want to add
Fluxbox and enlightment to the list of window managers.  I have only seen
sawfish. The syntax also looks more like Windows registry. :-|

Thank you in advance.

--
Subba Rao
subba9 cablespeed com