Genome setup incomplete?

I recently installed Sun Solaris for intel pc ver.8.
It comes ad default Genome for desktop.

Genome gets loaded - fine , but when I wants to logout and
shutdown. Only a logout button is show. I logout, but there was
no shutdown. I have to reboot my pc
(by pressing starup button on my pc box)

My Sun system file system gets currupted because the system was not
shutdown by Genome. I could not do a INIT 5. from within Genome.

I'm newbie with this desktop but coommonsense tell me (I'm a programmer
too) that the basics of any descent desktop should startup correctly and
shutdown correctly. We all critisize Windows blue screen - but hi at least
one can run basics apps plus it shutdown properly as a beginner user
expected.

I can not even recommend Genome for a bussiness case - if even cant'
shutdown
properly - causing file corruption. So please whoever read this and
understand
that real quality software means quality. Please fix this for future
releases.
If you ever wants Genome to replace Windows asa Desktop.

My questions:
===============

1) How do I shutdown from within Genome??

There is only a logout option - and that do not work.
If I open a terminal and enter init 5 nothing happens.
Or so it seems some services maybe stop.

BUT there is no logoff and shutdown of Genome. So I swicth
off my pc and next time I boot up my file system was corrupted.
FSCK did not work I end up install everything this time use bypass
option and install the patches for PC-Solaris 8.

How do I go to a command line environment within Genome
a .dtconfig stop ?? Will this let Genome come down without
booting up and loosing my system again??

2) How do I make sure KDE bootup instead of Genome??

3) How do I swicth from KDE to Genome ??