Re: gnome-terminal 2.5.experiences long pauses on solaris 8

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:23:00PM +0200 or thereabouts, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I have been experiencing a problem with gnome-terminal
> 2.5.x (both 2.5.0 and CVS head after 2.5.1) and vte 0.11.x
>  (I have tried CVS head and 0.11.10).  I am running them on
> Solaris 8 (sparc) and everything was compiled with
> gcc-3.3.2.
>
> I'm sorry, BTW, that I'm not subscribed but I can't afford
> to store the volume of messages in my webmail account.

There is a handy "don't receive any mail from this list"
option in mailman, but then I suppose you wouldn't see
any replies, either. I presume you're reading from the
web archives?

> There are three problems:

I have snipped this, because I really have no idea on any
of it. Since there have been no other responses, I think I
would suggest you file it in bugzilla with all the detail
you included in the original message.

> I hope that this is useful to someone.  Perhaps I will be
> able to work out how to get gprof to produce some profiling
> information which will indicate the source of the problem
> more precisely.

I think it is useful information: it's just that none of
the gnome-terminal or vte people have spotted it in here :/

Definitely bugzilla it, though: they can't escape it there :)

Telsa