Well, That Was Special

(Running SuSE 9.0 Pro, Gnome 2.2.2, and Evolution 1.4.5)

About an hour ago, I was searching for an e-mail in an Evolution folder. When I clicked on Search, Evolution locked up. I couldn't get it to respond to anything. I was able to log off. When I logged back in, Evolution was not running so I clicked on its icon. Something happened but Evolution did not start up. I logged off/on again. Same result. Then I used (gasp!) a Windows technique. I rebooted the system. This worked. Evolution came back up like there had never been a problem. Why I am posting this? Because...

I have no idea where the problem originated. The Evolution search routine is an obvious place to look but could this problem have been caused by a glich in Gnome or even in SuSE Linux? There doesn't seem to be any system engineering going on. There should be. Does anyone know of a discussion group or a Source Forge project where system integration is addessed? If so, please point me to them. If not, perhaps a few of us should get together and create something.

Comments?

Don Henson