Re: [SLE] Well, That Was Special

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 18:40, Donald Henson wrote:
> (Running SuSE 9.0 Pro, Gnome 2.2.2, and Evolution 1.4.5)
>
> About an hour ago, I was searching for an e-mail in an Evolution folder.
> When I clicked on Search, Evolution locked up. I couldn't get it to
> respond to anything. I was able to log off. When I logged back in,
> Evolution was not running so I clicked on its icon. Something happened
> but Evolution did not start up. I logged off/on again. Same result. Then
> I used (gasp!) a Windows technique. I rebooted the system. This worked.
> Evolution came back up like there had never been a problem. Why I am
> posting this? Because...
>
> I have no idea where the problem originated. The Evolution search
> routine is an obvious place to look but could this problem have been
> caused by a glich in Gnome or even in SuSE Linux? There doesn't seem to
> be any system engineering going on. There should be. Does anyone know of
> a discussion group or a Source Forge project where system integration is
> addessed? If so, please point me to them. If not, perhaps a few of us
> should get together and create something.
>
> Comments?
>
> Don Henson

I've had some evolution lockups too.  They seem to follow dialup
disconnects.  I get lots of error messages when restarting evolution and
it wants me to re-enter server and personal info.  Rebooting is the only
way I can get it to run again.  I'm running 9.0 and just started using
evolution.
--
Jim Sabatke
Hire Me!! - See my resume at http://my.execpc.com/~jsabatke

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good
with ketchup.