mtime and muser

What do the mtime and muser entries refer to?

mtime="1070651383" muser="emma"

What I am getting at is if I set my environment up to copy the appropriate %gconf.xml files into each user's home directory, how important are these entries? When I tested it, everything seemed to work fine (when I used the one test id's files in a second test id's account) but I figured better safe than sorry so I thought that I'd ask. I didn't see anything in the documentation regarding what they are but I may have missed it.
--

Janyne Kizer
Systems Programmer Administrator