Can I run procinfo in batch mode?/GNOME is hanging!

Hi everyone,

I am trying to use procinfo to troubleshoot a GNOME session. Currently
GNOME is hanging when it tries to play a login sound. I can get it to
start correctly by deleting /tmp/.esd/socket, but then I have no sound.
I've been doing some troubleshooting in runlevel 3. I've run "top -b
-n10 > ~/logs/top.log &", and then startx. This reveals that my system
goes 100.0% idle when bonobo-activa spawns. I would like to get even
more information by running procinfo in the background of startx. But it
doesn't have a -b option like top does. So I can't run it in the
background without stopping it unduly. Is there any way to run it in
batch mode, or is there an equivalent way I can get this information? Or
does anyone know what would cause GNOME to hang in the first place???

Thanks,

Geoff