window list skip/hide

Hi all,

I want to be able to stop a window (xmms) from appearing in the window list. I know there is a way to stop windows from appearing in the window list - the "skip window list" hint that can be set by a client - and things like gkrellm can do this, so I know the functionality is there. However, xmms doesn't have a "hide from window list" type option in its preferences.

another way to ask this might be, is there a way to set window hints externally (independent of the app itself)? if i could set the window hints for xmms from some external app, that would be fine. or if i can set the hints for a specific window via metacity somehow.

if setting window hints externally isn't workable, i guess my only option is to wait until a pref for this gets included in xmms (i'm not an X hacker, so adding this is out of my league).

I'm running gnome 2.4 on Fedora Core 1, using the default WM (metacity).

 - Ben Williams
--
"Everybody generalizes from one example. At least, I do."
 - Steven Brust [dreamcafe.com]