gnome-session: running a bash script at startup causes 2 minutes timeout

Greetings.

   If I am running a bash script that I added to the startup programs in the
gnome session configuration, everytime I login the gnome startup hangs on my
script for exactly 2 minutes.

   I know that my script is not a problem because when I tested it, I made it as
simply as can be:  1)  1 line starting with #!/bin/bash ; 2) emtpy script
created with touch command.

   Thus, what is gnome waiting from my script to continue the startup sequence?
  Does my script needs to send a signal to some process?  Which signal and which
process?

Best regards,
Hans Deragon
--
Consultant en informatique/Software Consultant
Deragon Informatique inc.         Open source: