Will gnome-libs disappear ?

My hard disk in Redhat 9 filled up and I was looking for things to eliminate. I started to form the guess that I have lots of packages installed, some of which may be soon eliminated.

For example, I have a mixture of Gnome 2 and Gnome 1 applications. I have gnome-vfs and gnome-vfs2, GConf and GConf2. I have gnome-libs-1.4 and libgnome-2.2

Is it like that because some apps still run against Gnome 1 libraries.

As soon as those apps are updated, then gnome-libs-1.4 will be a thing of the past, right?

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: pauljohn ku edu
1541 Lilac Lane, Rm 504