Re: Directories searched for desktop files?

On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 07:07:36PM -0400, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-04-18 at 18:56, Jose Romildo Malaquias wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I need to know what are the directories searched for
> > desktop files in a Gnome2 installation.
> >
> > I would like to install a desktop file into the
> > directory /usr/local/share/applications in a
> > Red Hat Linux 9 box, but it does not work.
> >
> > When put in /usr/share/applications, it is found
> > and considered.
>
> GNOME-VFS isn't configured to look there.  If you open
> /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/applications-all-users.vfolder-info, you can add new
> directories there.
>
> Suspiciously, we see in this file on Redhat9:

The file /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/applications-all-users.vfolder-info is not
installed in Red Hat Linux 9. At least it is not in my system and
I was not able to find it in any RPM package.

Would you find what rpm package provides this file, please:

$ rpm -qf /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/applications-all-users.vfolder-info

Regards,

Romildo
--
Prof. José Romildo Malaquias        romildo uber com br
Departamento de Computação       malaquias iceb ufop br