Gnome desktop setting

I'v installed Mandrake 9.1 on a PC and I use gnome desktop. I try to run a GUI application developed with Glade (and C language) and when I perform ad istruction like
fprintf(stderr,"%lf",var);
the output that I see on the gnome terminal is like
750,82 (a comma separates the decimal part of the number from the integer one)
and not
750.82 (a dot separates the decimal part of the number from the integer one)
as I desire.
The comma is a problem for the entire application. I suppose that this can be due to a setting of the gnome desktop (infact non-GUI applications developed in C language work correctly and the printf istructions produces dot-separated number on the terminal): is this true?
Hov can I solve the problem?

Thank-you!

Chiara

--
ing. Chiara Zaniboni
Wireless Future s.r.l.

Tel. +39 516782000
Fax +39 516782000
E-mail chiara zaniboni wirelessfuture it