Re: Gnome desktop setting

It sounds like a locale issue to me.  Run `localedrake` and make sure
that the setting is what you're expecting ("English (American)" is what
mine's set at).  It's possible you have it on a locale that switches the
roles of dot and comma in numbers.

--
Matthew S. Rinehart <msrinehart cs millersville edu>