Re: switching window managers

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 04:34:25PM -0800, Dimitar Haralanov wrote:
> 	Hi,
>
> 	This might be a rather dumb question but I can not find the answer
> anywhere I have looked (which includes the list archive, the faq, the
> internet, etc).
> 	How do I switched the GNOME 2.2 window managers. Is there a tool, or an
> applet, or a control-center extension that does it? According to the
> FAQ, I should be able to do it there but I have checked every possible
> place there and there is nothing that will let me change the window
> manager.

This was the subject of more than one raging flamewar a month or so
before gnome 2.2 was released :)

$ killall <oldwm> ; <newwm>

IE: to switch from metacity to sawfish:

$ killall metacity ; sawfish

Then hit ^z to background the process and exit the terminal.  Log out
and save session and that should be all.

--
Alan <alan ufies org> - http://arcterex.net
"The only thing that experience teaches us is that experience teaches