Re: Creating non-"default" keyboard shortcuts

Calum Benson <calum benson sun com> writes:

> If you're really keen to have a GUI for this now and you're building
> from cvs, there's a patch that provides one in the sun-patches module:
> sun-patches/gnome-control-center/060-00000-s.diff.

That patch is pretty questionable, because it adds the custom bindings
to gnome-settings-daemon, while I've been arguing we should put all
the global bindings in the window manager in order to be able to
resolve conflicts and i18n issues correctly.

Thus the gconf keys that patch modifies may never go upstream and
you'll have permanent forkage there to maintain, plus lack of
interoperability with other gnome installations.

This is discussed in the relevant bug report I think...

Havoc