Re: problems compiling gnome-session

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 02:18:08AM +0000, is118149 mail udlap mx wrote:
> As you know, I'm compiling gnome 2 from tar sources. I had no
> problems, until gnome-session, because when I type configure it says:
> " configure error : ... gconf-sanity-check2 not in your path ... " and
> says it should have been installed with GConf. The problem is I have
> already installed the package GConf .... so, what could be the
> problem? I have the PKG_CONFIG_PATH variable in mi /etc/rc.local and
> /usr/local/bin is the first argument in mi PATH variable. I'm using
> Red hat 7.3

The error message is actually a little bit misleading, since the "path"
it is referring to is not the same as $PATH.

Look at the output of

	'pkg-config --variable=gconf_serverdir gconf-2.0'

That is where the gconf-sanity-check-2 program should be. On my machine,
that is $(prefix)/libexec/. If gconf-sanity-check-2 is not there, you
need to work out why.

Cheers,
Malcolm