RE: Gnome apps in KDE

Aren't they using the theme that is used by root if logged into gnome as
root?

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay DeKing [mailto:jdeking2 comcast net]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 12:03 PM
To: kde-linux mail kde org; Gnome List
Subject: Gnome apps in KDE

I'm cross-posting this to Gnome and KDE since both wm's are involved.

When I run Gnome-based apps in KDE, they have the grey "Gradient" theme
(from
old Gnome), which makes them hard to read at the top of the dialog box -

small black text on a dark grey background - especially if it is a tall
dialog. I cannot figure out where they are getting this setting; when I
boot
into Gnome, I don't have the Gradient theme chosen (though I did at one
time,
about a year and a half ago) and the same apps do not display in
gradient
form; nor do they when logged in as root under KDE. Changing my Gnome
theme
does not seem to affect the theme used by Gnome apps under KDE

Ideas, hints, solutions? I have been though and through the config files
and
directories (even tried 'find . * | grep "gradient"' in /etc and /home)
without any luck.

Thanks,
gnome-list mailing list
gnome-list gnome org http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/gnome-list