Java and Gnome2

Having run Gnome2 for a while now, I realized that all non-AA
programs look terribly crappy. This includes OpenOffice.org and all
Java programs. For OO.o, I think I read that there is work going on
to maker a Gnome2 port, but what about making a Java VM that
uses the Gnome2 libs for rendering? I think such a JVM would
make Linux/Gnome2 a very appealing platform for Java! (just like
OS X). Of cource it would be nice if GTK2-themeing would affect
Java programs as well.