nautilus hangs

Running ximian gnome on solaris 8. Everytime I login I get an error ".gnome-desktop could not be found. Perhaps it was recently deleted." What's weird is that it's there, but it still gives me an error msg. Well I think this is related to my problem, which is, every time I double click on my 'home icon' on my desktop nautilus just hangs and takes up all of my cpu resources. So then I have to kill nautilus and since it automatically starts up again I get that same error ".gnome-desktop could not be found.. blah-blah-blah." I've removed .nautilus and .gnome-desktop to no avail. Anyone experience this before?

-arielc