Re: Old window list behavior?

> What's needed is noted on the bug report:
>

> ------- Additional Comments From Havoc Pennington 2002-07-07 10:10
> I think someone needs to step back and sort out the various ways the
> window list can be used and decide which make sense and adjust the
> prefs accordingly. I don't feel like I have a good grasp of it.
>
> ------- Additional Comments From Havoc Pennington 2002-09-16 17:11
> This is a good usability project for someone to think through.</hint>
>
> Adding "me too!" comments is just annoying, don't do that.  Think
> through all the ways to use the window list and analyze/explain the
> pros/cons of each and which settings you use in each situation, so we
> understand what's going on. Then we decide what to do.

Havoc, I agree with you. It is pretty clear what is needed.
I apologize for my laziness. But my laziness is also a bit about not
knowing how to analyze this.

> A good start might be for people to explain which settings they use -
> and here is the important part - *why* they use them, in concrete
> terms.

Hmm, while reading back this bug I realize I haven't explained why it is
useful to me.

For me it means having to move the mouse a shorter distance. It is
faster to click a window/task in the window-list to minimize, click on
another workspace in the workspace-switcher and click the minimized task
in the Window-list to unminimize it.
The current way is to find the corner of the window-involved and click
open the menu and select the workspace.
Off course the current way is faster with one window, but not with
several. For instance when having several terminal-windows I want to
move to a new work-space.

Thanks for straightening out my email,

-A.