Re: keyboard shortcuts

On Fri, 2002-05-31 at 10:08, Yong Khun, Loh wrote:
> hi all,
>
>     i was eagerly looking to know the keyboard shortcuts in GNOME and KDE. i
> used to be Windows user but i used a lot of keyboard instead of mouse. in
> Windows, most of the shortcut keys are standardized among different
> application like closing a program, closing a child window, cut, copy or
> paste, select all and so on. can anybody let me know where can i get a list
> of all keyboard shortcuts under GNOME as well as KDE so that i don't have
> painful experience when i don't hook up my mouse?

It depends on the window manager that you are using not actually on the
desktop environment i.e. Gnome/KDE.

I use sawfish in Gnome 1.4 (and 2 :-) and to change the key bindings you
either run "sawfish-ui" from the commnad line or use the Gnome COntrol
Centre (not currently working for me).

In there you can changethe key bindings to whatever you please :-)  Now
YOU are in Control NOT the OS :-)

You'll find that quite a few edit type controls are fairly standardised
e.g ctrl-c/ctrl-v/ctrl-x are same as windoze.

HTH.

--
* Simon Wong *