Re: panel autohide

Hello, this is my first post to the list :o)

> > Menu panel is very broken and can't really be configured. Right now the
> > gnome ui team is considering just removing it from gnome 2.2 and
> > replacing it with functionally equivalent applets.

  I'm really looking toward this change, I always wanted to be able to
configure the menus shown in the menu panel (which is the only one I
use).

  Another thing I'd like to have are MacOS-lice global menus, there
already is a patch to GNOME 1.4 and a Sawfish module to get them, but it
is a little broken wrt Bonobo apps (Evo, for example).
  Is somebody considering having them in GNOME 2.x?

  http://www.carcosa.net/jason/software/gnome-globalmenu/

> You know, I just assumed that was by design - I didn't know it was
> broken! But it'd be great to be able to get the drop-down tasklist (with
> or without the clock) as a regular old applet.

  http://www.carcosa.net/jason/software/applets/finder.html

  P.S: I'm not in any way associated with Jason, and I'm not promoting
his website, I just happen to have met him at t.o and to like his work
;o)

--
  -- Michele - www.micampe.it

For every winner, there are dozens of losers.
Odds are you're one of them.