annoying Favourites menu "feature"

Hi there,

I recently upgraded my Debian machines and Gnome was upgraded along the way - I'm now running gnome-panel 1.4.0.6. After doing so, I noticed the Favourites menu had gained a submenu: "Add from menu".

I find this new menu *massively* annoynig - I use the Favourites menu for quick access to frequently used apps, and having the "Add from menu" item up the top a) breaks my muscle memory and b) takes a *long* time to load when the icons and menu structure has been paged out or freed.

Is this the standard Gnome 1.4 behaviour, or is this a Debian thing? If it is standard for Gnome, is there any way to turn off this submenu, or at least move it down to the bottom so it's out of the way?

Thanks,
Mike.

--
Mike Gratton <mike vee net>, <http://web.vee.net/>
Leader in leachate production and transmission since 1976.