Re: I don't get gnome 2

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 22:52, George Farris wrote:
> You know, not to put too fine a point on it but there is a reason it was
> slated as a developers release.

as pointed on the main gnome page:

 These comments are pointless and
> uninformed, some may even think they were childish and ignorant but
> thats the internet for you.

These are just *my* opinions, free speach..

> Please do a bit  more research before blowing off you mouth.

I'm not blowing my mouth off, just commenting..
I have always used gnome and am a huge Gnome fan, and always will be,
but my comments we made up of what I feel and a lot of what I read.
If I wanted to post just to slag of the gnome team and Gnome 2 in
particular , wouldn't I be saying gnome is cr p and go to kde..No I'm
just saying that I'm very disappointed with the release quality compared
to say 1.4.

 There has
> been a tremendous amount of underlying work done on GNOME2 that will go
> a long way once more apps start to take advantage of it.

As I pointed out, the apps portage is not the fault of the gnome team
and yes *I* know they have done a lot of hard work, and generally I'm
pleased apart from minor niggles that *I* feel let it down.

> I for one want to congratulate the GNOME2 team and all the app writers.
> Well done people!!!

I do agree with that as well, but it still feels unpolished.

> Give everyone a chance to package it properly.

I will, then comment again ;-)

Mark