Re: Gnome Lock Down

On Mon, 2002-06-10 at 11:48, Paul Cooper wrote:

> I wonder why you even need to run a desktop if you want a 'locked down'
> system - why not run only a window manager (e.g. windowmaker, icewm,
> blackbox) and only put the 'allowed' software in the menu (and then put
> restrictive permissions on the menu file - the ability and ease to do
> this may well determine which window manager).

If you are going to convert desktop pc's from a Windows enviroment, then
_IMHO_ you should make the transition as painless as possable.

Using say Gnome (themed) you can make it look similar to a Win2k
environment, thus making users feel a more at home (so to speak).

Mark

--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;