Re: Restoring desktop configuration

On Mon, 3 Jun 2002 17:35:49 +0200
"Robert Ian Smit" <robian wanadoo nl> wrote:

> I killed X and went in to my Gnome dotfiles. I couldn't find
> anything obvious. In the end I made a backup of anything closely
> related to Gnome in ~/ and removed the original files. After that,
> I had a fresh setup and copied back my most important settings.

Similar things have happened to me a few times, though Galeon was
not the culprit.  I had to start with a new Gnome config setup, just
as you did, but that can be tedious, reconfiguring everything.  I
suggest keeping a backup copy of .gnome/ .gnome-desktop and
.gnome_private  for the next time.

--
Andrew