Favourites menu vanished in Gnome2

I'm currently using Gnome2, but I have noticed that the Favourites menu
has now vanished, is there a way to get it back (if supported) or a work
around?

As Ive got a lot of programs that install to that, thus in Gnome2, I
cannot use them unless I try to hunt the settings down and manually
create launchers for them (which gets annoying when ever you install a
program), this would also ease compatibility with programs that sue this
method.

Cheers

Mark

--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;