Re: gnome all freezed

Ben FrantzDale wrote:

  >On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 05:57, fraazz wrote:
  >
  >>I modify the command line of the laucher gnome-help on the desktop
  >>and after click on it all freeze ( I have a look on the archive list
  >>- lately - and I notice the installation of Galeon 1.0 caused the
problem
  >>I tried to solved - means no more access to the gnome help ! )
  >>
  >Sory, I'm having some trouble reading your English...
  >
  >It sounds like the problem you are having is that, when you start
  >galeon, your computer stops responding to input.
  >
  >I have never heard of this behavior. Have you tried using a different
  >version of Galeon? Also, what linux distribution are you using?
  >
  >--Ben

Thank you for your answer
Sorry  for my english , I will try my best ;

I installed galeon 1.0.1 and mozilla 0.9.6 on RedHat 7.2 running
nautilus 1.4 by rpms.
But this broke the Nautilus integration with the browser , and when I
access to Nautilus help table I get a message "the web page view
encountered a error while starting up".

So I open a launcher on my menu bar and modify the command line
<nautilus --no-default-window --no-desktop ghelp:toc> by the line
<gnome-help-browser> ;
I quit , click ,  a window 'gnome help brother' appeared and all freeze
( mouse , keyboard )
I was'nt able to shutdown correctly the system ; on startup , the same
thing happens
I solved the above by deleting ~/.gnome in my user home directory ( I
was not able to find a better solution )

The only remaining problem is that I can't access the Nautilus/Gnome
help system

Lately , I looked through the gnome mailing list archiv and discover the
problem have been already reported in December
It seems that unofficial packages for Nautilus/Galeon/Mozilla that play
together correctly could be found on ftp://people.redhat.com/hp/gnomehide/
I'll read the release notes for mozilla 0.9.7 ...
Here ends for now my investigations

Do you have any other information on this topic ?

Thanks
Franco Azzano