Re: Window Frame Size

Alan LaViolette <alan globalfoo net> writes:

> OK I think I see a way to get the functionality I want using the
> gravity.  Thanks for the help.  I have one or two other questions
> related to this   I would also like to have this work in gtk+ 1.2. I
> don't see any functions to set the gravity, Do I need to use the Xlib
> API to do this.

Yes.

>  Also I want to keep my window out from under the
> panel, could the root window prop GNOME_PANEL_DESKTOP_AREA work for
> this.

This is the window manager's job; the WM knows where the panel is and
can keep your window out from under it. (This is one of the reasons
that gtk_window_move() attempts may not be honored by the WM.)

Some WM's don't do this, some only do it if configured to do so; but
it's not your job as an app author to worry about that. It's up to
users to select a window manager that does what they want.

Havoc