Re: Window Frame Size

Havoc Pennington wrote:

If you mean get_frame_dimensions, the docs for that function explain
why it didn't work.

You might want to read the gtk_window_move() docs:
  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtkwindow.html#GTK-WINDOW-MOVE
  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/gtkwindow.html#GTK-WINDOW-SET-GRAVITY

These explain how to align a window against another point on the
screen, without knowing the frame size.

OK I think I see a way to get the functionality I want using the gravity. Thanks for the help. I have one or two other questions related to this I would also like to have this work in gtk+ 1.2. I don't see any functions to set the gravity, Do I need to use the Xlib API to do this. Also I want to keep my window out from under the panel, could the root window prop GNOME_PANEL_DESKTOP_AREA work for this.

-Alan