Re: How (whether) to Delete Gome 1.4

On Wed, 2002-01-16 at 16:45, Dennis Tuchler wrote:
> I expect to be installing ximian gnome for SuSE 7.3.

It isn't out yet.  Just checked.  You might be able to ftp the files for
SuSE 7.2 and install them, but I'm not sure how well that'd work (I've done
it to upgrade Evolution, but I couldn't get it working with the new version).

> The question is whether
> I should install it over the current gnome 1.4 that came with S.u.S.E. 7.3 or
> whether I should delete the whole of that gnome before installing ximian.

When I installed Ximian gnome over SuSE 7.2, there weren't any
problems.  When I upgraded to SuSE 7.3, there were some symlink issues,
but I managed to get it working somehow (still not sure, but I'm a
newbie).

Be well,
Lissa

--

PLAN, v.t. To bother about the best method of accomplishing an
accidental result.

Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary