Re: Internet Problems With Gnome

> Has anyone come across this before?
>
> Any help is apreciated.

You might want to try setting up pppd by hand, read the man pages for a
whole heap of information.

I set mine up when I first started useing linux, it wasn't to
complicated - I now have it set to dial on demand (ie when any app tries
to acces the outside world) and hang up after 5mins idle time.  This
alows any app to use the internet without human interference (help?) and
has been a pretty much ignored part of my system for about 3 years now.

Give me a yell if you want any specific info...

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss