Re: GTK(?) vs unclutter... please fix!

%% Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

  hp> I don't see how it could be a GTK bug, though it may be a window
  hp> manager bug exposed via a GTK interaction.

If it were a window manager bug I would expect it to happen in all
applications.  And yet, as I said, I've used these WMs with hundreds of
applications using tens of GUI interfaces (straight X, Xaw, Motif,
Lesstif, XForms, etc. etc.) and not seen any problems.

Maybe it has something to do with the extra Gnome WM hints or something,
as they're interpreted in FVWM.

In any case, it's not a simple case of unclutter vs. FVWM.  It _may_ be
a triumvirate of unclutter, FVWM, and some GUI libraries.

  hp> unclutter is implemented via really bad hacks, so it's not
  hp> surprising if they break.

That's an easy answer, unfortunately the functionality that unclutter
implements is really important to me and X simply does not provide any
better way to implement it.  If you think otherwise I'd sure like to
hear about it.

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith nortelnetworks com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools