Re: GTK(?) vs unclutter... please fix!

"Paul Smith"<pausmith nortelnetworks com> writes:
> That would be a feat indeed, since I don't use Sawfish! :)
>
> I'm using FVWM.  At work I have a full Gnome desktop but FVWM as the
> registered WM, and at home I just use plain FVWM plus some GTK/Gnome
> apps like Galeon, etc.  Similar behavior in both places.
>
> But I've been using unclutter and FVWM of various aspects for many, many
> years and it's only recently I've seen problems, mainly (as I mentioned)
> with Gnome apps.
>

> Hmm, another place where I see this constantly is ImageMagick apps like
> "display".  I have no idea what that uses as a widget/GUI interface?

I looked at unclutter. The way it works, if it causes a focus problem
I would really expect it to be a window manager issue. Perhaps an FVWM
bug then.

I don't see how it could be a GTK bug, though it may be a window
manager bug exposed via a GTK interaction.

unclutter is implemented via really bad hacks, so it's not surprising
if they break.

Havoc