Re: Scroll wheel and alt keys

I dunno, Matthew, I was hoping for someone to get back to me more quickly ;).

Your solution worked.  Actually, I had:

... getting your scroll wheel to work, I know much.

Edit your XF86Config-4 file (/etc/X11/XF86Config-4) and modify the line
that says:  ... and change the "Protocol" line to read:

	Option	"Protocol" "IMPS/2"

Got that, it doesn't work without the other part:

...   Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

...which works wonderfully! That is, as long as I changed my xmodmap to be this:
       xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1 4 5"

For not only do I type Dvorak-style, but I use a lefty mouse! Hmm, no wonder my desktop machine runs Linux... :)

Thanks very much, problem solved!

With Opera's gestures, I may not need my alt-arrows anyways...
--
-Mike Schwager
listguy schwager com