Re: Ejecting CD-disk

On Thu, 2002-01-03 at 19:24, Knut Ove Hauge wrote:
> Hi I cant eject the disk in Gnome RH 7.2
> I also have problem with the configiguration in fstab.
> My both CD-roms(burner and player) is preset to /dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrom1 in
> the fstab file
> after booting ,nomatter what I write in the fstab file.
> Both are IDE devices and are not automaticly mounted with icons on the
> desktop.
> My burner software require ide-scsi device so to mount cdrom1 I have to type
> mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd1  /mnt/cdrom1
> But all this misconfiguration cause a "memory segment failure " when I try to
> run several applications.  Is the presetting of the 2 cdroms done in the
> vmlinuz image file at boot. In that case I can not edit that file in
> Nautilus, because I have try to to that.

if you use grub edit /etc/grub.conf as root and find
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.7-10)
# or somehow like that - just the one you are booting
find the line starting with kernel belonging to the above line and add
hdx=ide-scsi hdx=ide-scsi

if you use lilo edit the line starting with append instead.

the first hdx is your burner and the second your player (e.g.
hdb=ide-scsi for primary master and hdd=ide-scsi for secondary slave)

HTH

Markus Bertheau