Re: gnome stock ticker?

Rémi Cohen-Scali wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:

About two days ago, my stock ticker started reporting 'no data available or properties not set.'

Anyone else experiencing a similar problem?

Yes I do.
It seems the site giving the data changed its page, than gnome stock ticker do not recognize the data anymore.
I'am changing it in order to make it run again...

There is a fundamental problem here. A better method would have been to really parse the whole page and try to "understand it", but it is easier to say than to make.

Noting that you're picking this stuff up from Yahoo, would it be possible to get it from their source? (although I'm not sure exactly what that might be. :(

--
Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric 3times25 net

"...the system (Microsoft passport) carries significant risks to users that
are not made adequately clear in the technical documentation available."
- David P. Kormann and Aviel D. Rubin, AT&T Labs - Research
- http://www.avirubin.com/passport.html