Posible canvas/ nautilus/ gimp bug with png images?

Hi, I think I have found a bug in the gnome canvas to do with png
images.

If you open the attached image in the gimp it has a transparent
background, if viewed in nautilus or in a canvas widget the background
from the original image that it was cut from shows up.

I dont know much about gfx formats, but it could also be in teh way teh
gimp generates the image when cut from another?

Does any one know whats happening and is it worth reporting or is it an
added "feature" so to speak?

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss