Re: "System" font

On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 18:56, David Hampton wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-02-02 at 08:18, Lionel Lecoq wrote:
>
> I'm running RedHat 7.2 with Ximian Gnome and XFree86 4.2.0.
> Xconfigurator doesn't recognixe the Matrox G550, but its the same driver
> as for the G450 and the X log file does explicitly call it by the name
> G550 so it is recognized.  I didn't ask on the X list because this
> problem seemes like a GTK/Gnome font size problem, not an X install
> problem.  Everything else works fine, its just that the menu font is way
> too large.

I suspect this is actually Ximian by design.  The fonts & icons in the
Ximian Gnome menus are a *lot* bigger than the default Red Hat 7.2 Gnome
1.4 menu's.

That mac-style menu (well... panel) is also available in the RH 7.2
implementation of Gnome 1.4 with smaller fonts & icons and is far better
integrated IMO.

Sorry, I don't have a solution now you have Ximian Gnome installed
(hopefully somebody else will) but I'm pretty certain it's absolutely
nothing to do with your X/Graphics card setup.

Best regards
--
Lee J. Moore