migrate user profile from gnome to gnome2 ?

Hi,

I've just installed gnome2 on redhat 8. Is there a way by which I can migrate user's existing gnome profile to gnome2? Also, how do I change the default settings of the gnome2 panel so that it has more launchers and applets. (I would like to add launchers like terminal to the default panel so that users who don't have a gnome2 profile atleast have something similar to their existing gnome profiles when they login)

Thanks,

Kaushal