Re: enlightenment: no program to see

> > > under gnome and enlightenment, I can open programs  but I do not see them
> > > on the screen. With sawfish, I see the programs, so the problem seems
> > > really to be enlightenment. I tried different
> > > enlightenment-configurations, but I did not find the solution.
> >
> > Do you mean they dont start?  I tried E and the apps ran but they do not
> > show up in the task list of workspace applet, but they do work.
>
> The apps work, but I can't see them, they are like transparent and don't
> appear on the screen.

I'm wondering if E is positioning these windows off-screen for some
reason.

A way to check this is in your
~/.enlightenment/...e_session-XXXXXX.snapshots.0 file. You must do this
while Enlightenment is not running. Look for entries pertaining to those
files (they'd be in there if you've told E to remember location, border
type, etc.). If (for the apps in question) there are lines that start
with "WH" or "XY", try removing them - then start Enlightenment and try
running the apps.

An example section for the application "panel" might look like this:

     NEW: panel_window.Panel
     NAME: panel_window
     CLASS: Panel
     RES: 1400 1050
     XY: 0 4 0 0
     BORDER: SHADERIGHT

If you edit this file while E is running, it'll get overwritten with the
previous values as soon as you exit; so that won't do you any good.

--
Travis Saling
Webmaster, UW Electrical Engineering