Re: Speed suggestions (previously about laptop performace)

Hi Soeren,

On Mon, 2002-08-05 at 10:55, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> One problem with both methods is that the top of the stack is not a
> normal frame when you are inside a signal handler....

	Sure; I just use memprof's existing bin the top bit of the stack code
which skips that.

> which means that leaf procedures are never accounted for. This could
> account for the lying.

	I'm talking about really, really acute lying. For example:

gdk_flush is no. 4 on the list, apparently most often called from
gdk_image_get_colormap:

GdkColormap *
gdk_image_get_colormap (GdkImage *image)
{
  g_return_val_if_fail (GDK_IS_IMAGE (image), NULL);

  return image->colormap;
}

	That's the sort of lying I'm talking about; not some slightly skewed
numbers. Amazingly, some of the data is still useful despite this.

	Regards,

		Michael.