Mouse buttons out of order after redcarpet update 4/5/02

Good Morning,

I ran a red-carpet update last Friday (4/5/02) and upgraded everything
that was recommended in Gnome, Evolution, and Red-Hat.  I did not reboot
after the update finished.  Over the weekend, the computer locked up,
and forced me to reboot.  When the system came back, the mouse button
arrangement for my primary non-root user were messed up.  The left mouse
and middle click were swapped in function.  Right click and scroll wheel
function still work as normal.

The new gnome control panel does not offer any help.  Extremely basic
mouse config options on Gnome Mouse Control.

I logged in as my root user, and the mouse works fine.  root's config
has not changed.

Here is what my XF86Config-4 file says regarding mouse input.
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
EndSection

Another interesting tidbit is that when I use gnome to switch to left
hand, the button work as one would expect for left-handed control.
Right button assumes left button function, middle button middle button
function, etc...  It's only my primary users right handed configuration
that is in error.

Any ideas.

THanks, Glen