Sitewide configuration

Hi guys.

I've gone to some trouble to configure a desktop that is suitable for
my needs and those of some other people I need to migrate over to Gnome.
Now, how do I make this desktop the site default on other machines, so
that new accounts get automatically created with these defaults?

If this is too ambitious, which of my own files/directories should I copy
over to a user's home directory?  I've noticed a few hard-coded references
to my hostname and username in files in .gnome*.  Those would presumably be
gotchas.  Are there others?

While we're on the subject, where can I find the documentation on the
directory structure and file contents of the gnome configuration directories?

Thanks,
Carlo

--
Carlo Graziani                                 (773) 702-7973 (Voice)
Department of Astronomy and Astrophysics       (773) 702-6645 (FAX)