No Sound

All,

I am using SuSe 7.1 and have a pretty good KDE setup going.  Thought I would like to try Ximain, so I installed the Gnome packages that came with the SuSe Distro.

After I got everyone opened, I went into the Sawfish setup and told it to play sounds, then went to the desktop control panel to enable sound.  When I clicked on "sound" under Multimedia, I got a line saying "this control panel not configured with sound enabled".  What the hey???

How do I fix this problem?

Thanks...

Chuck Vinson
Dayton OH