help Gnome on hp-ux 10.20: panel can't load png icons.

Hi all.
First of all I'm new in Gnome but strongly want to switch my desktop from CDE to Gnome.
This is my system:
HP-UX st4 B.10.20 A 9000/785 2016448991 two-user license.
I dowloaded the necessary binary packages from hpux.connect.uk.org and gnome_core is 1.0.55.
At the begin starting gnome-session from a terminal I saw some messages like

cannot find gnome-favorites.png and
Warning: No system menus found.

Gnome started with an empty panel. It seems to me that Gnome was searching the icons and apps under /opt/gnome_lib but they were in /opt/gnome_core: so I copied them under /opt/gnome_lib.
Now starting gnome-session I have this message:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Unresolved symbol: png_create_read_struct (code)  from /opt/imlib/lib/libgdk_imlib.sl

Gnome starts without the panel and a core file is made in my home directory.
I tried to analize core with gdb:

$ gdb -c core
GNU gdb 5.0
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20".

warning: Unknown symbols for 'core'; use the 'symbol-file' command.
Core was generated by `panel'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0xc00147a8 in ?? ()
(gdb) quit

I saw a doc about imlib and the problems with png and was mentioned libpng.so: this file does not esist in /opt/imlib/lib.

Someone can help me?

Fabio.