How do you post a bug in the bug reporting system

I know cross-posting to a Gnome mailing list and an IMAP usenet group
probably seems odd, but please bear with me since I just wasted an
entire Saturday afternoon tracking this problem down (it's raining
outside, but that's beside the point ;^).

I recently crashed Ximian's Evolution (beta3) email client.  It is
reproducible, and fairly common (it crashes EVERY time I exit
Evolution).  Of course, since I am running the Ximian gnome desktop,
"Bug Buddy" jumps up, and asks if I want to post a bug report...so
I say yes. It does its thing, collects debugging information, asks
for user input, etc.  Then I send it off to the Ximian bug reporting
system, which I believe is a Bugzilla based system.  After a few
minutes, I get a confirmation back, via email, including all the
information I provided in "Bug Buddy", and the debugging
information, for some reason in the form of a "diff" file.

Now, all that said, my problem isn't necessarily with Evolution
(it's beta-release software after all).  The problem is that there
is a line in the debugging information that seems to choke
my SSL IMAP server whenever I try to transfer a file with this
particular line in it.  The line contains what I assume to be non-
ASCII characters.  When I look at it with Pine, the characters appear
as "^?"'s.  When I look at it with Netscape Messenger, they appear
as "y"'s with umlauts over them.  Maybe this is a bug in openSSL, or
a bug in UW's secure IMAP daemon, but it also seems to me that email
is supposed to only consist of valid ascii characters.  Isn't this
why we always mime-ify attachments by encoding them in some sort of
ascii format?

I should also point out that this doesn't seem to affect a regular
IMAP server (non-SSL).  Any ideas or comments as to who I should
inform about this little "feature"?

-EJR

P.S. You'll notice I didn't actually put the offending line into
this email, since I don't know what effect this would have on other
people's email systems.  If you can't imagine what it looks like
from the description I gave above, email me, and I'll send you an
exact copy of it.  If you don't have an SSL IMAP server, it
probably won't cause a problem.