Re: RH7.2, Gnome 1.4 & Nautilus 'start-here'

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 06:46:24PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> "Lee J . Moore" <mlist strictlybritish com> writes:
> > OK, I was more curious about where this Nautilus was being launched
> > from.  It is:
> >
> > /usr/share/gnome/default.session
> >
> > And the culprit is:
> >
> > 8,id=default8
> > 8,Priority=40
> > 8,RestartCommand=nautilus start-here: -g 600x410+150+100 --sm-client-id
> > default8
>
> Right, that's why I suggested that if you just save your session it'll
> go away (because you'll no longer get the default one). ;-)
> That's the intended way to change the default setup.

Sure, but I don't like doing that after a few bad experiences in the
past with Gnome saving processes I didn't realise were active and
starting them up in the background whenever I logged in.  Ximian was
always a nightmare with this because it actually saves sessions by
default so you have to be very careful what you launch immediately after
installation.

Also - it's doing this for every user on the system and I don't want it
to.  Rather than log in to every users session and save it (major
hassle), it's nice to just get rid of the annoyance wherever it was
implemented.

Best regards :)
--
Lee J. Moore